Website privacy statement
The Royal Grammar School Guildford and the Royal Grammar School Guildford Foundation ("we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This statement sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, through “www.rgsg.com” (our site) will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
To understand how we collect and process data we may collect from you in other ways, please visit the Policies and Procedures page on the website.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), we are the data controllers in respect of information collected through our site.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided by you when requesting further information about our services;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders; and
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Data security and where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, opportunities, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service (when you choose to do so);
- In connection with fundraising and related purposes; and
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
Disclosure of your information
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce any contract between us, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, the School, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; or
- In line with our privacy policies, please visit the Policies and Procedures page on this website.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise this right at any time by contacting us at the Royal Grammar School Guildford, High Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 3BB.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of organisations connected to us. Please note that if you follow a link to any of these websites they will have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee (usually £10) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Our privacy policies
The privacy policies for the Royal Grammar School, Guildford and the Royal Grammar School, Guildford Foundation can be found on our Policies and Procedures pages on this website.