The RGS school uniform supplier is Guildford Schools and Sports located in Burpham. Their website can be accessed here.
1st - 5th Form dress code:
- A single-breasted dark blue blazer with black buttons and with the school badge on the breast pocket.
- Plain, dark grey, long tailored trousers. Belts, if worn, must be black; braces if worn, should not show.
- A plain white or grey shirt designed to be worn with a tie.
- Vests or T-shirts, if worn under a white shirt, must be plain white.
- An official RGS tie. (Your son will only need the approved school tie as the House Tie will be presented to him by the school during the first House Assembly.)
- Plain, dark grey socks; black, polished leather shoes.
- A grey or dark blue, v-neck pullover with or without sleeves.
- A plain, dark grey, dark blue or black raincoat or anorak. Waist-length over-garments and ex-service style greatcoats are not allowed.
- A woollen scarf in the school colours: green, red and white; the sixth form scarf has longitudinal stripes.
- A black, charcoal grey or navy blue, 2 or 3 button single-breasted business suit, plain or with subtle narrow pinstripes
- Black shoes
- White shirt only
- Approved school tie
- Business shirt – light colours only – pastels shades. Subtle stripes and checked patterns are permitted.
- Approved school tie.
Austen - Yellow,
Beckingham - Red,
Hamonde - Dark Blue,
Nettles - Light Blue,
Powell - Maroon,
Valpy - White
The official school outfitters stock all items of approved school uniform:
Guildford Schools and Sport,
210 London Road,
Boys are allowed to come to school wearing items purchased from other suppliers only if each item is identical in style, colour and quality with the item supplied officially. Each item of clothing and equipment must be clearly and indelibly marked. No jewellery of any kind is allowed at school.
Sports kit can be obtained through the School's kit supplier, Tacklebag:
1 Seven Stars Corner
Information concerning sports kit and advice on how to order can be obtained here.