Outstanding A Level Results
Categories: General News
RGS boys celebrate excellent A Level results.
Headmaster, Dr Cox, commented on the outstanding A Level results, ‘these results are a testament to the ability and hard work of our boys, the support of the parents and the dedication of the staff at the RGS’. He added, ‘it is tremendous that, at a time when competition for university places has never been greater, the vast majority of our pupils have obtained a place at their first choice university. We are thrilled that 42 of our students will be taking up their places at Oxford and Cambridge this September.'
With regard to the new A* grades, Dr Cox commented ‘we are very pleased that the proportion of A* grades awarded to our pupils is nearly four times the national average; indeed eight of our pupils gained A* grades in all four of their A Level subjects, with another sixteen gaining 3 A* grades’.
- A*/A /B rate: 94.2%
- A*/A rate: 75%
- A* rate: 29% (national average - 8%)
- Maths had 46% at A* (42 from 97), Further Maths had 58% at A* (22 from 38), Biology had 34.8% (8 from 23), Physics had 34% (17 from 50) and Art had 67% (6 from 9)
- 8 boys gained 4 A* grades (Alasdair Knox – Oxford Physics; Rob Moss – Oxford Physics; William Ball – Cambridge Nat Sci; Lawrence Barrott – Cambridge Maths; Arthur Kissin – Cambridge Engineering; Alex Mitchell - Oxford Maths; Andrew Rolph – Cambridge Nat Sci and Guy Stevenson – post A level application)
- A further 16 boys gained 3 A* grades
- 40 of the 42 Oxbridge offers have been confirmed so far